Friday, January 2, 2009

Customer service today

If today is any indication I'll have plenty to blog about this year. I've nominated my interest area as sales and marketing. Today I went shopping and I found many noteworthy items to discuss. Thinking of sales, I have always said how closely connected sales is to customer service. As a customer, I don't want to be sold to. I want to be serviced. When customer service expectations are not met then sales are lost.

Every interaction with a customer is an opportunity to build a companies brand identity. The value of a strong brand is measured in sales revenue. The retail experience, the customer facing aspect, is perhaps more important than above the line and below the line advertising in building and positioning a brand and therefore generating sales. Or put that another way, when the customer experience is bad, no amount of spending on advertising or PR will work to turn around a customers negative perceptions. Their business is lost.

No comments:

Post a Comment